Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Top 5 Favourite Movie Quotes




I thought now was about time I did my favourite Movie Quotes, I'm not going to talk about the films much just tell you about the Quote and the context its used in. If you have any other quotes please type them in the comments, will be great to hear from you.

5. Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (1991) Alan Rickman - Sheriff of Nottingham
 Sheriff of Nottingham: Locksley I'm gonna dig your heart out with a Spoon!
Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more.

This quote is taken from a scene where the Sheriff is chasing Robin (Kevin Costner) but he manages to allude him. So this quote is said as a threat. It is so entertainingly said by Alan Rickman, whom i feel steals this film, especially with this quote.

4. Casablanca (1942) Humphrey Bogart - Rick Blaine
Rick: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.

Now this film is the grandaddy film for quotes there is so many from this film. For me this is my favourite from it. Its said so powerfully and acted wonderfully by my favourite actor of all time Mr Humphrey Bogart. This line is said when Rick feels his feelings coming back of Ilsa, after finally getting over her.

3. Cool Hand Luke (1967) Strother Martin - Captain
Captain, Road Prison 36: What we got here is... failure to communicate.

This line is said after Luke (Paul Newman) breaks some prison rules, so the captain takes him out and uses him as an example to show who is the boss. To show who is boss this immortal line is used. View it on Youtube its legendary.

2. Taxi Driver (1976) Robert De Niro - Travis Bickle
Travis Bickle: You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK.

For me possibly the greatest line of all time that was not in a script. Travis is trying to practice talking and looking intimidating, so he utters this line while looking in a mirror. Movie history was made.

So here it is my number one film line of all time, yes you guessed right. Its Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars the Phantom Menace.... "ooo messa look bad"...Yeah right if you havn't already guessed this is not it.

1. Gone With The Wind (1939) Clark Gable - Rhett Butler
Rhett Butler: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Oh yes the one the only the immortal Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind. This line and clip is well known so should be spoiler free this. The woman you love has hurt you so much, your in emotional pain, do you cry? Shes begging for forgiveness, what do you do?. All this happens to Rhett and how does he deal with it..... he walks out that door, tells her exactly what he feels. Legendary! Best thing is there is another immortal line straight after but I'm not into spoilers so you will have to watch it. 
Post a Comment